2021 in a Split Second
2021 is that year where I didn’t have just a single explanation to describe what I do. I always have to do some calculations in my head to see how to properly articulate and explain what I do.
But in short, this is what the year was like for me:
- A year of sharing in the wins of my friends.
- A year of working with my clients, sharing in their success stories and getting great feedback for the work that I do for them.
- You might not know what Colibri Africa is about but in 2021, Colibri Africa was featured as one of the 101 amazing service industry startups that’s worth a follow.
- A year of training and speaking with youths in Africa and the University of Pennsylvania.
- A year of catching up with old friends while I took bold steps to make new ones too.
- A year of helping youths take on opportunities.
Some lessons I took with me in 2021 that I would love to share with you
- It is possible to be sitting on a pot of gold without knowing because you are despising what you have.
- Don’t take screenshots for granted. Screenshot important things. They can later stand as a source of motivation.
- Blessing is more than money. Your bank can be in red and you still feel so blessed.
- Sometimes, going out gives you ideas especially if you spend more time being indoors.
- This particular lesson is from the Bible — God comforts us in our tribulations so that we can comfort others in their troubles with the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Two quotes I will leave you with that stood out for me in 2021
- I can’t judge the relevance of what I’m doing based on people’s opinions. People’s opinions are often limited by their knowledge and are very subject to change — Goodness Adegbola.
- Some things break your heart but fix your vision.
This is my 2021 in a split second. I hope you take something from it for yourself.
A special shout out to all my readers in 2021. For those who reached out personally and connected with me in my private space, I don’t take the privilege for granted.
Happy New Year. I welcome you to 2022!